Sunday, December 30, 2012

My Mudder Resolutions



A resolution can be defined as a resolve or determination.  People everywhere are making their own resolutions which statistics show most will break before Punxsutawney Phil does his shadow search.  Since this blog will chronicle our year in the mud I thought I'd put together a list of things that I have on my resolution list to accomplish in 2013.  One of the ways to make a resolution stick is to make it public.  I should have that covered now that I am putting this list on our blog. They are really in no particular order.

  1. Qualify for the 2013 World's Toughest Mudder (WTM) 
  2. Compete in the 2013 WTM with Patrick, DC, and a yet to be found fourth member.  I'm quite sure we will find this person during our journey this year.
  3. Complete a Tough Mudder on consecutive days (Saturday and Sunday).  This is the current plan for Miami in March.  Isn't that how you would spend a weekend in South Beach?
  4. Finish two laps of a Tough Mudder in 2013 without ending up in the emergency room.
  5. Double/Double - Two laps on Saturday and two laps on Sunday.  This one might be a stretch but it would serve as great preparation for WTM.  
  6. Complete a Tough Mudder in at least five different states.
  7. Complete the Dong Dangler/Ball Shrinker obstacle without completely falling in.  I had two very ugly attempts in South Carolina.  Luckily, we have no video footage.
  8. Dominate the Funkey Monkey obstacle.  I was satisfied with completing this obstacle once in Pennsylvania until DC did it twice in Carolina.  Patrick and I did as much swimming as we did crossing the bars on that trip. 
  9. Meet and befriend an amazing cast of characters throughout the journey ahead.  
  10. Wait on Patrick to catch up to me for at least one obstacle.  Although I have narrowed the gap, the one consistent factor in each race is that somebody is waiting for me.  I know this is a goal that DC and I share.  It will happen and I will have footage of it!!!
I'm quite sure there are other things that will go up on this list as we get into 2013.  I'll keep you updated on our progress!  All three of us talk about the World's Toughest Mudder as an end goal for this year in the mud.  Check out the 2012 event below!


2 comments:

  1. Are you planning to do two laps at Mid-Atlantic? I'm doing two on Saturday (starting at 8am) and have yet to find anyone willing to do it...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was thinking about doing two laps since we don't have a start time on Sunday untill 11:00. I don't know how Danny and Brian feel about it, though.

      Delete