Sunday, April 14, 2013

Potential Disqualifications: T-Minus 6 Days

6.  Will anybody receive a warning from course officials?


A couple of crazy things happened during our time on the course in Miami.  The first occurred at the "Walk the Plank" obstacle.  This is an obstacle that we have encountered numerous times.  There are times that I get an urge to do a back flip off the obstacles.  It is one of the only tricks I can do anymore.  This urge hit me in Miami so I lined up backwards next to the official.  Just when I get ready to jump I hear him yell, "No Flip!".  It actually sounded more like "No Fleeeeeeeeeeeeep!".  This was followed by a warning to all that the next person who flips will be kicked off the course.  This was odd since Tough Mudder highlights people flipping this obstacle all of the time.  I thought I was lucky to get away with the warning and we continued on our way.  

The second event occurred the next day on the "Cage Crawl" obstacle.  This was new obstacle to us and it unfortunately turned out to be pretty boring on Day 1.  That's why I had the idea to try to swim the obstacle underwater instead of the traditional cage crawl.  Once again this did not sit well with officials and yet another warning was received.  Two warnings in two days may be an unofficial record and I am not trying to continue the streak in West Virginia.  I do plan on flipping and attempting some other unorthodox approaches to obstacles.  We'll keep you posted about any additional warnings or disqualifications.  You will know it didn't turn out well if one of us is missing a headband in post race photos!


0 comments:

Post a Comment