Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Schedule For The Year

I know that it's still early, but we're trying to put together our list of events that we'll be running this year.  As there aren't any Tough Mudders until April, and even then they are pretty far removed from us, it's likely that none of us will be running a Tough Mudder until the Virginia event in June. Although, having said that, if there's any way that we could pull of the Vegas trip in April, that would be sweet (particularly since it's the weekend after my birthday).

Okay, what that all means is that I'll probably only be running in the following Tough Mudders:

Virginia (June 14th)
Capital Region (September 27th)
North Carolina (October 25th)

And, of course, let's not forget WTM sometime in November/December.

There is a chance that I'll be able to run in the Sunshine Coast Tough Mudder in August, since I'll be traveling to Australia this summer.  That will depend on the schedule and how things work out, but I would love to be able to get a headband or two "Down Under".

I know that we'll also be doing some other, non-Tough Mudder, events this year to fill in the gaps. I can't speak for the other guys, but my goal outside of Tough Mudders this year is to do the Spartan Trifecta, which means I'll likely be running in the following Spartan Races:

Virginia Super (August 23rd)
Washington, DC Sprint (Date: ?)
Carolinas Beast (Date: ?)

Additionally, I'd like to do a long trail run somewhere.  I'd love to do the Terrapin Mountain 50K, but I'm not sure I'll be ready to run 30 miles in a month.  Perhaps I'll have to setting for the Promiseland 50K in April or the Ironman Trail Run 50K in August.

So, what are your plans?  If anyone's going to be running any of these events, let us know.  We'd love to meet up.


0 comments:

Post a Comment